For those of you who follow my posts on Instagram, you know that my daughter and I were in Denver this past week, visiting my brothers and their families. We had an incredible “End of Summer Vacation” but I am glad to be back at alegriasmuse headquarters so that I may continue to read though all the wonderful guest posts that were submitted to our site while I was away!
Before leaving town I left notice in several Blogging/Freelance Writing Facebook Groups I belong to, that I was looking for guest posts for my website. Publishing guest posts is something I always planned to do on the site and this past week just happened to be the perfect time to get started! Please take a look at this guest post that was published recently, Is Freelancing Bad for Your Social Life?
In the spirit of encouraging writers to submit their posts for publication on this site, I wanted to share the names of 5 sites that will PAY for their guest posts! We don’t pay writers for guest posts at this time but we do offer marketing & link sharing on a long list of social media platforms, where we have a large and growing audience! We’re happy to help writers build their portfolios by sharing their quality guest posts but you may also want to take a look at how you can make money with your blog.
5 Sites That Pay Writers for Guest Posts
- Make A Living Writing accepts guest posts that offer “firsthand, practical advice” to freelance writers. The first thing you must always do is to read the submission guidelines on any site/blog that you submit a post to (including alegrismuse). For Make A Living Writing, you must be a current or former member of the Freelance Writers’ Den or a current student (or graduate) of Jon Morrow’s blog mentoring program. I know that many of our readers belong to one or both of these communities, so hopefully you’re one of them! They pay $50 per guest post. For more information about guidelines and the submission process, click on the title above.
- Writers Weekly focuses on “selling” the written word and seeks articles on how to make more money doing what you love….writing! They’re also interested in other forms of home-based businesses and self-employment that may result from writing, such as self-publishing, corporate writing, ghost writing, etc. They pay $60 for features. For more information about guidelines and the submission process, click on the title above.
- Submittable is a submissions portal that collects all of your submitted guest posts and publishes its own blog as well. They’re looking for posts that discuss publishing, digital media, book reviews and “eclectic essays” on any topic that is “of high literary quality”, including interviews. They pay $50 per post.
- The Layout is a daily design publication that is looking for industry experience from a positive, informative voice for their “how-to articles” on the topic of WordPress. They pay between $50 and $150 per article, depending on the subject and word count. They also provide a list of articles they actually need and that you can choose from yourself. For more information about guidelines and the submission process, click on the title above.
Write a post on frugal living
- The Dollar Stretcher is a group of publications dedicated to “Living Better…for Less”. The goal is to offer readers ways to help them save time and money. Occasionally they will include material on ways to make money from home and as freelance writers/bloggers, we know all about that! Their articles range from frugal spending ideas to 401(k) advice. They pay $0.10 per word ($25 for a 250-word article) for pieces that get published in their monthly print publication. For more information about guidelines and the submission process, click on the title above.
Jessica Adams @alegriasmuse